Saturday, June 9, 2012

Art

I saw this on pinterest and it inspired me to create this.


It is still wet and I haven't fixed the sideways photo problem yet but you get the idea. The glue dries clear and I got the waterproof kind.

My neighbor was throwing away some old windows and I decided to recycle them into something pretty.

Here is what you will need to make your own.
1) Mod Podge or other craft glue
2) an old credit card or room key
3) construction paper
4) old calender or printed pictures
5) Exacto knife
6) hanging kit 

Put a thin layer of glue on the back side of the window pane. Place the photo so the image is facing down showing through. Use the exacto knife to cut it to fit. Smooth over with the card in order to get the air bubbles out. Do it slowly and be careful not to rip the paper. I used a calender so to keep from the dates shining through I placed piece of construction paper over and a thin layer of glue smoothed it down and waited 24 hours for it to dry. Then I took a picture frame hanging kit and had an indoor fuss free garden. You can add hooks or put chalkboard paint for a different look.

No comments:

Post a Comment