Saturday, June 2, 2012

Listerine for Hair growth?

Not a garden post today. I am trying to grow my hair out as it is in a weird not a cute bob and not long phase. I have decided to try an at home remedy I saw several times online. The other suggestion was vagasil and I don't know how I feel about that. Also I already had the Listerine at home. The theory is healthy scalp faster and healthier hair. It turns out as an astringent, Listerine was once marketed at a dandruff wash. So I gave it a try. Here is my first week:


 I don't think it is making my hair longer. My hair does feel and look amazing however. I think once a week can't hurt. I just lean over the sink pour onto scalp rub it in. After 20 minutes I wash out condition and air dry. My scalp is shiny and happy. My hair looks more voluminous and shiny. I don't want to over do it as the Listerine contains alcohol and it can be very drying to your hair. For those who are wondering the smell of it goes away when your hair dries.   


No comments:

Post a Comment