Monday, June 4, 2012

It's raining it's pouring

It has been raining for a few days. I am happy for the free watering but want the sun so I can check out how things are doing. My new set up gets a lot better drainage so I am not as worried as I was before about drowning plants. I do how ever have to water more often. I planted a ton of seeds two weeks ago and yesterday almost all have sprouted. I planted a wildflower mixture into the soil where the dayliles are. Fast growing annual mix to liven things up a bit. Next to the now giant hosta that last year looked all but dead. I planted some love lies bleeding and that seems to be growing nicely next to the driveway. It can be weedy elsewhere but here is an annual. Not to mention contained by the house on one side and the driveway on the other.

 A sideways view of the giant Hosta. Sorry I didn't rotate it. You can see the leaves from the now spent tulips and crocus next to it.

My once pretty bucket full of done flowers. I have planted some flowers and by the time the leaves have saved enough energy the new flowers should be popping up. In the background you can see my pot with the teddy bear sunflowers. My neighbor said she hates sunflowers so I suggested she just not look at them then ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment