Tuesday, March 6, 2012

BOOKS!!!!


So I joined a challenge to read 50 books in 2012. Here is what I have read so far.

The Red Queen Phillipa Gregory
Not as exciting as the white queen but it was a nice look at the other side. Plus I have all the other Tudor series and needed to read it to complete the series. 
http://www.amazon.com/Red-Queen-Novel-Cousins-War/dp/145165684X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1331060677&sr=8-1

The hunger games trilogy! I'm 32 years old and not ashamed to admit I'm obsessed. I read all three books in three days. Exciting and fast paced. I felt the third book was lacking something in the end but over all an amazing series everyone should read. Plus I get to take the kids from work to the movie so I won't be one of those people.
 http://www.amazon.com/Hunger-Games-Trilogy-Boxed-Set/dp/0545265355/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1331060857&sr=1-1

 Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
A good book. A tongue in cheek redo of a classic book. I loved it the action and the love story all rolled into one. I'm trying to get the kids to read it. I felt like I needed a katana to go outside after reading this book ha.
 http://www.amazon.com/Pride-Prejudice-Zombies-Classic-Ultraviolent/dp/1594743347/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1331061012&sr=1-1

 Dawn of the dreadfuls The Prequel to pp and z. A must read if you have read the other book. It explains why and how the sisters got the training. How they overcame the social mores of the times. Plus it has more kicking zombie ass.
 http://www.amazon.com/Pride-Prejudice-Zombies-Dreadfuls-Classics/dp/B005GNJ6M4/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1331061012&sr=1-2

So that is 6 down 44 more to go. I must admit I am a super fast reader and can usually read a 400 page book in about 3 hours. My library card is going to get a work out and I get to discover some great books. I may end up with a few shorter books in there. Does any of my all of 3 readers have any suggestions of what I should read next?





No comments:

Post a Comment